Simple, re-use a plastic bottle that has a sports cap! First, you might want to give it a good clean (to remove any saliva!) before adding your ingredients. It will keep in the fridge for many days! Then, simply dispose of the bottle when empty.
Don’t know how to make salad dressing? Making salad dressing is very quick and easy and you will save a lot of money not buying it ready-made.
Personally, I usually make a dressing with two ingredients: a good quality balsamic vinegar and some extra-virgin olive oil (using a 1:3 ratio) with plenty of freshly ground pepper and sea salt. But, you don’t need a bottle to store this as it can quickly get mixed in a small cup.
Another easy salad dressing to put in the plastic bottle:
- 1 tsp mustard (I use Dijon mustard – because I am French! – but English mustard is just the same)
- 1tbp vinegar (i.e. white wine vinegar)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large tbp of runny honey
- Extra-virgin olive oil (fill the bottle to about half, i.e. about 200ml)
- Salt + pepper. Then, put the lid on tightly and shake hard to mix and every time before using.
- Optional: add about 50ml double cream to give it a rich and smooth texture.
If you don’t like honey, simply remove it from the ingredients as well as the lemon juice (as they counter act each other).