If you are at all interested in DIY, make sure to bookmark my blog!
After nearly 2 years of living in rented accommodation, we have finally bought our own place: a bungalow in serious need of TLC.
I am no stranger to DIY having done a lot of work with Hubby over the years in our previous home. If I were rich, I would probably have people do the work for me but I am not. My logic is that if you do things yourself, you can do so much more with the same budget…. and better too! 🙂
DIY is all about confidence. When we first started, we even bought a bag of ready-mix sand/cement because we were too scared to do the mixing ourselves!! Yep, true! I remember it well because our neighbour commented on how expensive it was to get concrete this way!
Our last achievement was the bathroom. We did everything ourselves including new plumbing, power shower, tiling, etc.
So, watch this space!
If you want to find out how we get on with the renovation of our bungalow, visit http://notrelittlehill.wordpress.com/
My DIY-related posts are:
- How to care for your garden bench
- How to unblock your kitchen sink without chemicals
- How to make a wooden house sign
- How to clean gutters efficiently
- Make a composter out of an old double divan bed
- How to remove wallpaper
- Tips on preparing walls before painting
- How to make wood filler for floorboards
- How to save fillers (for holes)
- How to apply adhesive on coving quickly
- How to save your vacuum cleaner’s dust bags or filters
- How to make white spirit last longer
- How to make your stand-size tile cutter fit large tiles
- Wet room – How to find the right slope before tiling the shower floor